From: BizNews Asia
Posted Aug 31-Sept 7, 2015
8990's growth factors for 2015
In 2014, the company noted;
-continue GNP growth,
- increase in OFW remittances,
- the growing BPO/ CC/IT sector,
-the 4 million housing backlog
These are still in play, and a new factor the new 6.5% housing loan interest rate of HDMF to growth this year.
- Succesfull launch of six out of nine projects
- Stabilized purchase prices materials
- Continous doublecasting of panels
- Added more than 240 new sellers
-Increased selling prices by 7.5%
BETTING ON 'HOUSE' (8990)
What's in store for 2015
-11,083 units nationwide
- 9 new projects , 19 projects ongoing
- open three new branches
- 50% income from HDMF take-outs
- 3rd DECA WAKEBOARD park in Visayas
- 8990 cable and internet company
- Mall Joint Venture Partnership
8990 is also going into the high-end leisure business, with resort hotels in Baguio, Boracay, and the other major tourist destinations.
From : ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 05/01/2014 5:20 PM | Updated as of 05/01/2014 5:20 PM
MANILA, Philippines - International investment company TPG Capital is buying a P2.9 billion stake in Philippine low-cost housing company 8990 Holdings.
TPG Capital had previous holdings in big names like Del Monte Foods and Tiger Airways, and current holdings in Neiman Marcus and China Grand Automotive.
It has diversified investments ranging from food to telecoms to pharmaceuticals.
"We are thrilled to participate with 8990, the largest home builder in the Philippines, as they address an important need in the country with very attractive and affordable housing," Tim Dattels, managing partner of TPG Asia, said.